What's A Good Price On Rem. 700 5R Mil-Spec?

lewwetzel

Keep seeing a NIB .308 for a grand; always assumed they were much more, and fairly rare. I need another rifle badly :rolleyes:.

I just bought one a couple of weeks ago. $1039.00 plus tax from my local gun shop in .308. Shoots good so far. Less than 100 rounds through the barrel. Shot a 5/8" 100 yd 3 shot group with Hornady 165 SST Superformance ammo(but I probably flinched those together) The average groups so far have been under 1 inch with everything that I have shot so far.

Went hunting with Fusion 180 gr bullets, killed 3 deer, 1 @ 235yds, 1 @ 211yds. and 1 at 301yds. All DRT. Factory trigger is ok, mine has the Xmark pro. It is easy to adjust and breaks clean. Mine is set at 3 1/4 lbs, which felt good to me until I put the trigger scale on it.:) May have to get a Timney for it.

img0243i.jpg

My setup for now. Nikon Monarch 2.5-10 with Mil Dot, Bipod for the front and sand sock or like last weekend my binoculars under the rear for support.

busyafternoon.jpg

Pics from this last weekend. The buck was a 240lb 7 point shot at 301 yds with the 5R. Trying to prove to my buddy that you don't really need a .300 Weatherby to kill whitetails.
Bob.

Bought mine in .308 a year ago for $950. Got a fantastic load from the Sniper's Hide forum... .5" MOA... extremely accurate to 500 meters, which is as far as I've shot it.

Looking at one locally,1055.00...Lewwetzel... James Fenemore Cooper would be proud!

When you get it let us know how she shoots and good hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.