• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Powder Valley

Just got an 8 pounder of 24n41 for a 300 terminator build coming up. I hope it works, I just wanted a pound or two to try, didn't want to buy a whole keg but oh well. Better than nothing I guess

Their primer page doesn't even show anything for me for a couple weeks, even out of stock.

My understanding is that this is done purposely to help prevent bot-driven purchasers that can clear out an inventory extremely quickly, preventing regular persons the ability to purchase. No webpage, no ability to have searches driven off of it. (At least that's what was explained to me.)

My understanding is that this is done purposely to help prevent bot-driven purchasers that can clear out an inventory extremely quickly, preventing regular persons the ability to purchase. No webpage, no ability to have searches driven off of it. (At least that's what was explained to me.)
So basically refresh and if there's something I need in stock jump on it? Makes sense.

Exactly. Hop on periodically, or have alerts on pages like this to be notified when something hits stock.

The other thing, which has happened with Powder Valley and Third Generation for me at least, is keep trying to submit. I kept getting errors on both webpages, but then would just resubmit payment info again and again. I tried 20+ times on Powder Valley before it finally took my order. For Third Generation, according to the webpage, my order never went through (I only got errors after trying to submit for payment countless times), but I got a notification that my card was charged after 25 minutes of still trying and then got an order acknowledgment via email shortly after my card was charged. I'm not the only one who has found resolution this way! I can't say it will always work, but it is two-for-two for me!

What am I doing wrong? I go to this page every day and get the same message "check back Feb 3rd", and the entire page is blank. No powder listed. Again, what am I doing wrong?

What am I doing wrong? I go to this page every day and get the same message "check back Feb 3rd", and the entire page is blank. No powder listed. Again, what am I doing wrong?

Sir - I'm not sure on that, I simply stated what I was told. The primer page is the one that seems to have nothing listed. My understanding is they will list primers, when available, and then remove from their site once gone.

As for the powder - I'm unsure. When I go on, I still see powder (even though it is all currently listed as Out of Stock). I have never seen the message you are referring to.

As I mentioned - I am going off what someone told me. I have no affiliation to their site, simply going off what I was told and also reasoning through it. Just trying to help others. Powder and primers go so quickly that it may not be enough to check once a day. They release at different times (simply going off posts on this forum) and they don't last long. Luck is certainly part of it.

Sir - I'm not sure on that, I simply stated what I was told. The primer page is the one that seems to have nothing listed. My understanding is they will list primers, when available, and then remove from their site once gone.

As for the powder - I'm unsure. When I go on, I still see powder (even though it is all currently listed as Out of Stock). I have never seen the message you are referring to.

As I mentioned - I am going off what someone told me. I have no affiliation to their site, simply going off what I was told and also reasoning through it. Just trying to help others. Powder and primers go so quickly that it may not be enough to check once a day. They release at different times (simply going off posts on this forum) and they don't last long. Luck is certainly part of it.
OK, time to eat some crow. My link was corrupted and was sending me to the wrong site. Fixed that and now I see what you are seeing. Urghh, frustrating to waste time and not notice stuff like that. Oh well, I'll keep banging away at the various sites and see if I get lucky. Thanks for the reply.