• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Powder Valley VARGET

Had 4 in my cart, had 19min to check out, did so in 1 min, still wouldn't let me purchase. Their site is broke! Called and they can not take an over the phone order for items in the cart. The lady told me this happens all the time and they don't know what to do about

now i added two...still won't let me

Attachments

• 387741D8-6F1D-4849-88E3-73FA53438A33.png
    387741D8-6F1D-4849-88E3-73FA53438A33.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 17
PV was a GREAT company early in 2021. PV was really trying to take care of reloaders and even putting information on the situation on reloading components. PV kept their prices down and would dump powder. PV put powders on their website, I clicked on what was available put in my cart, paid for it and a few days later I received the Powder from PV. GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
THEN they started the "TIMEOUT GAME". I needed powder at the time and spent countless hours for a lot of days in front of my laptop when someone posted PV having Powder. I wore my mouse out clicking on powder to put in my cart. Always would get these messages:
"Come back in 59 seconds"
"Come Back in 3 minutes 13 seconds"
This went on and on and on. False HOPE to get the product. To this day I never got any powder from PV. I quit playing their game.
I guess that if you are the first one on the site when the powder is posted you could put in your cart and purchase.
Just wish that PV would just do business like other retailers. If the product is available and you put it in your cart it is yours and you buy it. Then if PV sells all the product just post it's all gone!
This waiting game and "come back in x amount of min or seconds" is a lot of BS. Every time I see a post the PV has powders, I hit the Ignore button.
I just checked with PV to see if anything has changed. It hasn't. I can't Imagin how many shooters/reloaders have been on PV with the expectation that they could get powders by glued to their computer and keep clicking with the PV time limits. Thousands of wasted hours and disappointment!

PV was a GREAT company early in 2021. PV was really trying to take care of reloaders and even putting information on the situation on reloading components. PV kept their prices down and would dump powder. PV put powders on their website, I clicked on what was available put in my cart, paid for it and a few days later I received the Powder from PV. GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
THEN they started the "TIMEOUT GAME". I needed powder at the time and spent countless hours for a lot of days in front of my laptop when someone posted PV having Powder. I wore my mouse out clicking on powder to put in my cart. Always would get these messages:
"Come back in 59 seconds"
"Come Back in 3 minutes 13 seconds"
This went on and on and on. False HOPE to get the product. To this day I never got any powder from PV. I quit playing their game.
I guess that if you are the first one on the site when the powder is posted you could put in your cart and purchase.
Just wish that PV would just do business like other retailers. If the product is available and you put it in your cart it is yours and you buy it. Then if PV sells all the product just post it's all gone!
This waiting game and "come back in x amount of min or seconds" is a lot of BS. Every time I see a post the PV has powders, I hit the Ignore button.
I just checked with PV to see if anything has changed. It hasn't. I can't Imagin how many shooters/reloaders have been on PV with the expectation that they could get powders by glued to their computer and keep clicking with the PV time limits. Thousands of wasted hours and disappointment!
Presumably, PV has been able to keep costs (somewhat) down by not investing a lot of money in a high-end ERP system. It's likely a manual system that they're contending with.

All I know is I rarely am able to get to their site on Powders like Varget, Retumbo, H1000, etc. when they are not already in play with the game.

Other powders yes, I find them green and in stock all the time, no problem, put in cart check out.

But, the really hard ones are purely competitive. I have bought RL-26, Varget, Retumbo, and H4350 by playing the game,
and about 50% of the time, I can get a cart. I have not been able to get more than about 2 at a time though.

Presumably, PV has been able to keep costs (somewhat) down by not investing a lot of money in a high-end ERP system. It's likely a manual system that they're contending with.
A manual system would probably be better. The product is either available or sold out. PV is a GREAT Company and very reloaded friendly, good prices if not the best on the internet, but they should have left the system they had in place or made it better. The old system was BAD! The only way the i ever got powder was to call them. There was a really nice lady that helped me as well as many other reloaders get their order through. She was very polite/professional and always said it is a problem with IT. Their answer was this "Timing System". People do get powders and they do sell out, but I just can't sit on one site and keep clicking my mouse for hours.
I would give PV all my business if they would only put in a system that works.

A manual system would probably be better. The product is either available or sold out. PV is a GREAT Company and very reloaded friendly, good prices if not the best on the internet, but they should have left the system they had in place or made it better. The old system was BAD! The only way the i ever got powder was to call them. There was a really nice lady that helped me as well as many other reloaders get their order through. She was very polite/professional and always said it is a problem with IT. Their answer was this "Timing System". People do get powders and they do sell out, but I just can't sit on one site and keep clicking my mouse for hours.
I would give PV all my business if they would only put in a system that works.
What system would work?

What system would work?
It doesn't seem very complicated, to my simple mind at least. Your inventory is tied to your cart system. If you have 200 bottles in stock, once 4 get put into a cart the inventory system now sees 196 bottles available, so forth and so on. Give a 5 minute timer on the cart for checkout and if the timer elapses then those bottles get added back to the inventory count.

I just appreciate everyone putting notices on the forum when the unicorns appear! Learned you have to be quick though.