Powder question

sean1

I have a sendero in 25-06. Made some loads up with h4831 and R22. 110 accubonds and 115 vld's. R22 and vld did really good. .63 at 200 yards. I am very happy with that accuracy.

My question is about the R22. I hear some talk about that powder not being suitable for extreme temperature swings. Would this be noticeable out to 4-500 yards? What does it do? Point of impact change? Groups swell ? Any of the above? Am I over thinking all this? Thank you for your time

depends

If your like me and only go to the range, during the summer months when the sun is coming up, and home by 10 (trying to keep my shooting a 60deg F. or lower), then I think you should be ok during fall. But if you do your shooting at any givven time of day all year round you'll see some differences. Keep notes of ambient temp and time of day you shoot running a few at a know range will answer your question.

Thanks for your response. Well since my data came at 40 degrees I would think I should be good for the fall. A little curious about 0 degrees if I start filling crop permits in January. But I should shoot the rifle to test it if the temp gets that low

Also read another post about putting a few rounds in the freezer and some out in warm weather just to see the difference at extreme differences

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts