Powder Bridging for Kiwi Nate & Tang et al

I had a play with that in the 7mm, it didn't like it much, velocities jumped around and accuracy was all to hell. Perhaps I just needed to experiment with a better filler, don't know for sure.

The 7mmRUM is a strange animal, we get a lot of misty rain here or simply mist. With a low powered cartridge, the force of the bullet will push any light beads of moisture out of the muzzle before the bullet reaches it. I was taking a guided hunt and the client was using the RUM. I didn't have the muzzle taped (my bad) but the weather was ok, just a mist, no real rain but enough moisture to keep things damp. Anyway, one shot and the muzzle of the RUM was swelled up to .30 cal.

What I've gathered regarding using reduced loads to simulate 1K terminal performance @ 100 yds is that the results were not well accepted due to the reduced spin rate.

When I do the terminal performance tests the media will be located from 800 to at least 1K and will be full tilt loads. The aiming square is about 12" X 12" so I may hit it once in awhile.:)

What I've gathered regarding using reduced loads to simulate 1K terminal performance @ 100 yds is that the results were not well accepted due to the reduced spin rate.

When I do the terminal performance tests the media will be located from 800 to at least 1K and will be full tilt loads. The aiming square is about 12" X 12" so I may hit it once in awhile.:)

I agree, the data will be better. The reduce load w/ corn meal was one of those things that pop into your head.lightbulb

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.