Post Hijacking

Rocketman

I am new to this site, and I have been reading for years. I have a concern and would like to know if this is the norm for individuals to disrespect a poster wishes. I was reading a post and noticed that the post was closed. I noticed the poster stated very clearly at the beginning of the post to please not hijack his post and please respect it.

However, certain members continued to post and question the poster over and over again. The poster made it very clear to those individuals to please respect his post and if they did not like it to please not post and hijack it. However, certian individuals continued to stir the pot on both sides. The poster, on a couple of occations, tried to calm things down and even stated he respected the help from even the posters who critized him the most. I then noticed that the post was closed. It looks to me that the people who were not respecting the posters wishes, got what they wanted. I find this alarming that a few can silence someone just because they disagree. Why weren't the individuals who were asked to stay away from the post cut off or warned?

They were not hijacking the post, they were bringing up a valid point concerning the topic of the post. I believe the reason it was closed was because of the personal attacks that were quickly becoming the main reason for the thread continuing and not that anyone was trying to silence someone because they didn't agree with them. I agree with Len that closing the post was probably a good idea, so that it didn't degrade into something worse than it already had become. It would probably be best if you just let it die too, for all concerned.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.