Possible new wildcat options from APS

I have always wanted to build a .270 on the 28 Nosler case with the shoulder pushed half way between the 28 and the 270WSM, with an 8 twist. I think it would make a great long range deer rifle. Decent barrel life with a sharp shoulder and longer neck. Only reason I haven't is making brass would be a pain.
7mm prc case is about
Kirby:

What did you see with regards to round count with your personal 7mm AM before the barrel needed replacing? I know you were on the high side of 1200 rounds when I shot it years ago and it was still under 1/2 moa.
i have had many 7mm Allen Mags over the years. My heavier barreled rifles would consistently break 1000 rounds and as you mentioned one was pushing 1200 rounds. By that point however, they were getting quite tired.

Now that i am using Bartlein barrels almost exclusively, barrel life has improved even more.

My sporter weight rifles such as my Stalker line give up a bit of barrel life, tell customers to expect 800-900 rounds if they take proper care of their rifles and shoot them as recommended. Plenty for many many years of serious big game hunting.

Accuracy with the thin jacketed bullets will fall off first but harder bullets and solids generally go longer with fine accuracy.

You seem to have some concern for barrel life. Do you shoot coated bullets in nitrocarburized barrels? Are you using the Bartlein PH17-4 alloy barrels? Or the Walther German barrels with the same longer lasting alloy?

No naked bullets!
Only recommend naked bullets as thats what bartlein recommends. I have used several of the bartlein bb400 barrels, have not had one come back yet for rebarrel but in all honesty, of all the 7mm Allen Magnum rifles out there which are well over 400 now, only had a few come back that actually needed a new barrel installed…. If cared for properly and used as designed, they last much longer then conventional wisdom would suggest. Take them prairie dog hunting every weekend and we will be talking about new barrel install a couple times a year!!😳😁