Portable shooting table

FlGunner

So from time to time I will get asked to help people zero folks rifles for season or at least come over and shoot a lil for fun. What I've run into is when I go, usually I'm told they got a good set up to shoot from and it's really hardly ever the case. So today out of some scrap wood I had, I built a lil table that fits with my lil folding chair. It's 4' long x 27.5" wide. Not terribly heavy but enough it's sturdy and stable. Was wondering what you guys do for a portable set up. I know here in north Florida, everything is flat. So just on the ground with a bipod is hit or miss depending on vegetation. Most guys I've zeroed rifles for use a browning bar , 742 woodsmaster , or Remington 7600 or 760 being dog hunting is the southern tradition around here. Thus a table is needed. Should be good for the kids as well.
IMG_0130.jpeg

Is the top plywood attached to spin similar to a lazy susan? That would be a significant upgrade to a flat top.

I just built three portable benches from 1 sheet of 3/4 plywood cut in half glued togethern 1.25 NPT flanges I bought from a seller on 24hourcampfire.com, and electrical conduit. They aren't exactly light weight and I need to figure out a way to transport the legs better. However they are pretty sturdy and large enough to give you ample room at the praire dog town or at the range.

VxSltt7.jpg
20230719_104011.jpg
A couple of different seating options and an umbrella to keep you shaded.
20230719_104417.jpg

IMG_20230719_113404.jpg

I just built three portable benches from 1 sheet of 3/4 plywood cut in half glued togethern 1.25 NPT flanges I bought from a seller on 24hourcampfire.com, and electrical conduit. They aren't exactly light weight and I need to figure out a way to transport the legs better. However they are pretty sturdy and large enough to give you ample room at the praire dog town or at the range.

View attachment 480825View attachment 480828A couple of different seating options and an umbrella to keep you shaded.View attachment 480827
View attachment 480829
Love this, but how about the cost.

I made 2 simillar to this one. I sheet of plywood, I made two benches. I made mind with two "wings". That way both left handed and right handed people can use it.

Love this, but how about the cost.
$55 for a set of 3 brackets, the rest is on you. You can build as cheap or as expensive as you want. I chose to spend a little more money to expedite things, and I made the bench top bigger.

I have about $250 in each bench with accessories.

I found myself in similar need when they closed our public range for the covid

dropped the coin for an official Stukey Bench…

having used it on the farm ever since, I wish I'd bit the bullet and bought one years ago. Its spendy, and worth every nickel.

Since then I made a long set of legs to make it a standing bench-so very nice for big recoil items.

He's a stand up guy, and does great work.