Pork Belly Brisket Experiment

FEENIX

Binder: Gochujang hot pepper paste, Hawaiin-style white miso, and spicy brown sugar mustard mixture.

Dry rub: BBQ Company sweet-n-sassy original dry rub, garlic powder, red chili pepper.

Smoked: Competition blend pellets. Un-covered at 215F for 3 hours, and another 2 hours wrapped with maple syrup, red chili pepper, and black pepper.

Pork belly1.jpg
Pork belly2.jpg

Looks great. My boss did a pork belly with a homemade Chinese five Spice. That seem right up your alley Ed.

Looks great. My boss did a pork belly with a homemade Chinese five Spice. That seem right up your alley Ed.
I am a sucker for spices and have a few concoctions of Chinese five spices. My wife told me not to buy more spices, but family and friends kept sending me more because they knew my passion for cooking. 😍

I am a sucker for spices and have a few concoctions of Chinese five spices. My wife told me not to buy more spices, but family and friends kept sending me more because they knew my passion for cooking. 😍
Hey spices are good for everyone's health. And fresh spice are the best. Need to rotate them out every year!

Of course nothing beats the old saying "Happy wife, happy life". So I'll just let myself out ;)

Hey spices are good for everyone's health. And fresh spice are the best. Need to rotate them out every year!
None of my spices, dry or fresh, ever lasted long.
Of course nothing beats the old saying "Happy wife, happy life". So I'll just let myself out ;)
I have been happily married for 41 years. It only bothers her when she has to make room for the new ones. 🤣