Popping P-dogs with my 70+ year old Winchester 75 target .22

Montana'eer

FgYyMtJ.jpg

Took a break this late afternoon to pop some P-dogs across the lane in my neighbors non-irrigated field. Wind gusting from my right (W/NW wind) 20mph, pretty much steady 10mph. Using my old Winchester model 75 target .22lr. I removed the rear aperture to see the buggers that far out in the field.

2AZWkHL.jpg

First p-dog- 145 paces (my pace is almost spot on 1 yard). Let's call it 135yds
Second p-dog- 156 paces. I'll call 145 yards.
Third little dude- 117 paces. Call it 107-110 yards.

My daughter spotted the first two. With the wind going the way it was the p-dogs were sitting there as bullets splashed short, over or to the left. It took me 2-3 shots to Kentucky windage the vermin, lol. Ahh funn...

BTW- my daughter was spotting with my Swarovski NL pure bino's. (well they are ours... my wife claims them too ). These are absolutely the best glasses I have ever put my eyes to. Fantastic. Going over to my neighbors back field tomorrow and set up near a well house. P-dogs are THICK this year. Taking the tractor-flauge with me, lol.

I've laser ranged the posts to my tractor before- 81 yards.

rpm8oZF.jpg

Took a break this late afternoon to pop some P-dogs across the lane in my neighbors non-irrigated field. Wind gusting from my right (W/NW wind) 20mph, pretty much steady 10mph. Using my old Winchester model 75 target .22lr. I removed the rear aperture to see the buggers that far out in the field.

First p-dog- 145 paces (my pace is almost spot on 1 yard). Let's call it 135yds
Second p-dog- 156 paces. I'll call 145 yards.
Third little dude- 117 paces. Call it 107-110 yards.

My daughter spotted the first two. With the wind going the way it was the p-dogs were sitting there as bullets splashed short, over or to the left. It took me 2-3 shots to Kentucky windage the vermin, lol. Ahh funn...

BTW- my daughter was spotting with my Swarovski NL pure bino's. (well they are ours... my wife claims them too ). These are absolutely the best glasses I have ever put my eyes to. Fantastic. Going over to my neighbors back field tomorrow and set up near a well house. P-dogs are THICK this year. Taking the tractor-flauge with me, lol.

I've laser ranged the posts to my tractor before- 81 yards.
This is as good as it gets - out under the blue sky with family, doing what you love. I tip my hat to ya - good shootin with that rifle. Memories to span the generations...

Thanks! I love that old rifle. When I was a kid a shot on a team and that's the model we used (not the model 52's- I WISH..). About 20 years ago I picked up this 75 and it is my favorite all time rifle.