Firs P-dogs of the year!!!!

dk17hmr

Man I love living in Wyoming. The sun was out and the winds were light so I loaded the Savage 204 in the truck and packed some gear.
DSCN2119.jpg

About a 110 yard shot
DSCN2121.jpg

That 204 is a wicked little round, 32gr Noslers a 3950FPS sure open those little guys up. They arent out in force yet but every once in a while I would be able to sneak up on one or two sitting out in the sun and get a 100-150 yard shot.
I saw an awesome dark colored coyote walkin around an old dog town at about 350 yards but didnt get a shot and left my FoxPro at home. By the time I realized what it was and got set up, he realized what I was and took off. By the time I got him in the cross hairs he was heading for the next county and about 700 yards out.

car

Congrats on this years first p-dog. What scope do you have on your 204? Also what part of Wy do you live? I'll be moving to the Sundance area in a few years.

dk17hmr

The scope is just a Mueller 4-16x, it has a large dot in the center of the crosshair, not exactly what this 204 needs on it but it was a spare scope I already had. I would like something with a target cross hair but for hunting coyotes and p-dogs at close range it works well.

I live in South West Wyoming, Rock Springs.

trapperman83

Nice, I was born in Evanston, Wyo. I love the varmint hunting in Wyo, my wife is going to school up here in montana, but when shes done in 2 years I think it will be back to wyo, for us. gun)

tuck2

The best years of my life was when I lived in Wyoming. I still missed the trout fishing , varmint shooting, pronghorn, mule deer, and elk hunting, backpacking, and all the public land to do it in.

WTFC

I did it the old-fashioned way, I stole it! :D I think I have a picture of the P-dog without the add-ons though. :cool:

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts