Please share your 4-legged friend(s) ...

she's a beauty! my son got a (almost totally black) german shepherd last august. it already weighs 80 pounds! it seems to be very trainable, and has a great disposition. it tries to play with every dog it encounters.

CologneChristmaspictures.jpg

My boys, Monmouth and Wellington AKA Moe-Moe and Wellie

Here's a couple of my rescue labs.

Bean, the chocolate lab is the serious one. Nothing gets by Bean. Very athletic and can swim for hours. I got Bean from the pound in April 2009. She was pulled out of a puppy mill and was really abused. Very skittish and not wanting to socialize with people. It took some time but today she is extremely well adjusted and well behaved. Not afraid of the shotgun and is a better flushing dog than a retriever but has a soft mouth when she does retrieve.

Marilyn, the yellow lab is just the opposite. The only thing she takes seriously is a good scratch under the ears and she's a complete clutz. Marilyn was given to me in July 2010 at 7 months old. She had been kept in a 4th floor apartment in NYC. That owner knew the situation was bad but wouldn't give the dog to just anyone because she didn't want the dog used for fighting. She found out about me and just sent the Marilyn to me. The day I got her, she could barely walk. Exercise and diet plus a lot of TLC had her muscle tone and stamina up in a few weeks. That fall, at 10 months old she retrieved her first pheasant with no training at all. She retrieves naturally with a soft mouth.

The rifle is a stock 700 VSSF ii in .223. The bane of woodchucks, coyotes and foxes. The longest shot with it is just over 500 yds. and the woodchuck had a bad day.

Attachments

• DSCN0031.jpg
    DSCN0031.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN0268.jpg
    DSCN0268.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 13
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.