please help need input

tbshltn

I am looking for anyone that has had any experience with a auto loading (dpms lr-260/6.5) 260 and or 6.5 creedmoor. I am wanting to put together a gun to shoot long range and have read about the 6.5's. i know there is 308 but I like alot of the things i have read on the 6.5's and would just kinda like something differen. I am leaning towards the 260 but have read some cons on them when used in a auto loader. due to o.a.l. and the bullet being seated to deap. The theory of this makes sense to me and thats what scares me. i realize if this cartridge was dev for a bolt gun and then tweeked to be used in a 308 frame AR there could be an issue with accuracy. I know just because it fits and fires does not mean you are going to be able to get it to pattern. I have been working over the last couple months with a ar15 and some dif loads and know that coal makes a big difference. I have heard some people say "go 6.5 creedmoor". Im just kinda scard of getting into that due to it fading away in the future, plus you never know who these people are thast posting and how reliable there opinion is, or if they really know anything about it. Kinda like me, but thats why im asking. Just if anyone knows, has thoughts, or wou;ld like to talk about it let me know.....
Thanks,
Travis

Try sending a P.M. to Jasonprox700, or maybe Icanhitemman. They seem to be well versed in all things AR related. I do not know if either have experience with the particular caliber you need info on, but maybe they know someone who does.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.