Please Help!-Muzzle Break Install

RugerHawg413

Hello,
I have a Ruger M77 Hawkeye FTW, the older version. Anyway, I was wanting to install a muzzle brake on it (the factory muzzle break that came with the rifle). I will post some pictures below of the rifle and muzzle break (rifle in picture has muzzle break installed, mine has the thread protector installed). I can't find any instructions online about how to install this muzzle break. I have never installed a muzzle break like this one before and was wanting some advice about the best way to install it. Like should I put any grease or blue Loctite on it? Please let me know what you would do, thank you!
1708631722092.png
1708631741820.png

Last edited:
Unscrew the thread protector, make sure the rear shoulder of the brake and shoulder of the muzzle are clean and free of debris, put a light coating of grease on the threads and thread it on and snug it with a wrench.

If you want it more permanent and won't be taking it off degrease the threads in the brake and the muzzle and apply some red high temperature loctite instead of grease. This will require heating it with a heat gun or torch to remove.

I would just grease it to make it easy to remove to clean the crown.

Unscrew the thread protector, make sure the rear shoulder of the brake and shoulder of the muzzle are clean and free of debris, put a light coating of grease on the threads and thread it on a snug it with a wrench.
What kind of grease do you recommend? And should I put any blue Loctite on it? Thank you!

I use Anti Seize lube on mine. It is golden brown looking, I think it's made by Loctite, but it is actually anti-seize, and not thread locker. I use it to mainly prevent any problem with cross threading and making it easier to remove without galling the threads (especially if its stainless steel like mine is).

"After further review"... I located my container. It is Loctite LB 8008 C5-A Copper based Anti-Seize Lubricant. Description says "Protects metal parts from corrosion and seizure to 1800 degrees (980* C) Meets MIL-PRF907F Part # 51147"

Last edited: