Planning a Colorado hunt.

JST

Was thinking of area 82, but heard it was mostly straight up and down. So i may decide on 77 and 771. Does anybody know anything about any of these areas???

i hunted 86 , other side of the mountains from 82, last year. but crossed into 82 a few times. there's a good bit of elk up there but finding them was hard. lots of really thick cover making it very hard to glass. once we did find them hunting was good i called in a very nice 6x6 for a friend but when he drew back his arrow fell off the rest and the bull was at 4 yards and promptly took of but we had our best luck hunting blinds at watering holes down in the thick stuff with as dry as it was last year there wasn't much water

can't help you with 77 never hunted over there.

Thank you for your reply. There may be mule deer on the agenda as well. Did you see many muleys and was there many other hunters.??? Thanks

we saw a lot of very nice muleys so much that this year i'm planning a combo elk and mule deer early bow hunt. there was a good bit of hunters but most in the lower elevations and most road hunting. but if you walk in a mile or more you quickly stop seeing hunter. if you have a good 4WD find some of the rougher roads and you'll have a lot less traffic. not sure about 82 but 86 in the lower elevations is covered in oak brush and we saw a lot of really nice muleys in the thick stuff. i do believe it takes a point for a mule deer bow tag not sure what a rifle tag takes. good luck to you. and get in shape now because that land will break you off. i considered myself in good shape until last bow season

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.