Pine needles

Matthew Gregory

Picked up a used macro lens and I think I'm in love. It's such a different (demanding!) style of shooting - but it's really neat. HOLY COW is depth of field narrow! Haven't done much with it, but I caught this and I really like it. Tell me what you think!

_MMG0987.jpg

I really like macro shots. Looks good. You are making me regret selling my camera.

Hello Matthew
The 60mm is a great lens but I like the 105 Micro Nikkor . The Bokeh is unbelievable. I shoot wild flowers in ravines and this is my go to lens. My 105 is a very old lens but it still shoots great. If you get a chance to pick one up you'll love it. The new VR version is super but it's over 800.00 dollars. This is a shot I took with the 105. All natural just tweaked in photoshop for saturation.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/35346225@N03/4913860488/"]DSC_1513 | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame] Macro photography is so much fun. Ravines to backyards you can do it anywhere.

Orest

My next macro will likely be the 200mm - I don't have a genuinely good telephoto, and I wouldn't mind having one that could do double duty. So long as I use them, I don't mind spending money on lenses. I've got a bunch of used primes (including this 60mm) that I picked up for good price, and they're capable of better shooting than I am - much like my firearms, too! :)

The 105 certainly gets lots of praise heaped upon it - your image provides reason why! Thanks for sharing.

matt

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts