Pillar Bed Tang Safety Ruger 77

DocDoc

I have an old tang safety Ruger 77 in .25-06 that I want to pillar bed. The kit I purchased came with two AL pillars. One fits the angled front screw, but I am not certain about the second. There are two additional screws at the front and the back of the trigger guard. Where should the second pillar go?

Is there a best order for tightening the action screws on the Ruger 77 and what approximate torque?

Thanks for any help.

Doc, which stock, wood or plastic? The front pillar should have a step in it, if you look at the lug area you will see the spot. The rear pillar goes in the rear most hole whose action screw threads into the thick part of the action. The foreward trigger guard screw just holds the mag in and should only be snug with blue thread lock. I have bedded a bunch of M77 tang stocks and bedding the action along with the pillars really tightened the grouping. There is a You Tube video on bedding the M77 tang stock. Some times seeing it done helps. DON'T FOR GET THE RELEASE AGENT AND TAPE IT OFF. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.