Picking a Long Range Stock

backyardsniper

I have a rem 700 L/A that I am about to start a build on. I have run chassis and Mcmillan A5s for a while now but I'm ready to lighten up and would like some opinions. It is going to be a rem 700 with badger 20moa base and APA bolt knob. It will have a 26" rem varmint contour 1/11.25 twist chambered in 300win mag. here is the questions. My gunsmith has on hand a manners t3. Stockys has Mcmillan HTG and Manners MCS-t in stock. I like the smaller forearms. I doubt I will have the opportunity to shoot past 1000yds and 90% of shooting will be 500ys or less. I am leaning toward the HTG. DBM or NO. Gunsmith says he can get factory floor plate or PTG canoe floor plate, or ptg DBM I have a handful of AI mags laying around. This rifle will have a nightforce F1 on it and will see some time in treestands as well as stalking and hunting everything from whitetail in KY to elk In New Mexico. I would like to hear your opinions

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts