Picked up a new scope - Nikon Monarch 5

flashhole

I don't post a lot on this forum but in the spirit of sharing something of interest - I was in the market for a new scope. I want it for my Kimber 84M in 223 Rem for stretching out the range a bit on common vermin. Several good choices out there. Searched all over for a good deal and this popped up.

https://www.natchezss.com/nikon-monarch-5-rifle-scope-5-25x50mm-ed-sf-advanced-bdc.html

Should arrive by the end of the week. If you have not checked out the Nikon Spot On ballistic calculator give it a look-see. Even if you don't own a Nikon you can find something similar in their extensive scope options list. I downloaded it to my iPhone. Fun to play with, especially if you are a handloader.

Seems like a pretty decent price. I only have Monarch 3's in 2.5x10 and an M308 which was more money than you paid. Don't think you got hurt at all. Good luck. Ed

I have been using Nikon's MONARCH 5 4-20 Advanced BDC with ED glass for 9 months now and it is outstanding. My initial thought was, wow. Very bright, sharp images throughout all magnification settings. The fine focus really makes a difference for my older eyes too. Dialing in your rifle,scope and ammo with Spot On makes a huge difference in longrange accuracy. That is a great price from Natchez, just find out if it is refurbished scope or not, that is the difference in a lifetime warranty or 90 day warranty. Contrary to what some think, Nikon's refurb's are not scopes that were broken and fixed, Nikon does not do that. Most are samples, from trade shows, open boxes from other event's or just returned.

DSC_0224.jpg

I have the same scope on a .270 Win. Very pleased with the overall performance.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.