Picked up a 33 nosler. Anyone else try one?

quarterman

I was at my local gun store yesterday and noticed he had the same Nosler 48 liberty rifle in 33 Nosler sitting in the rack that he had 3 years ago. He said he would love to see it gone. So I traded him the same rifle for in 22 Nosler and a hundred bucks for it. I also bought all his factory ammo and a set of hornady dies. I ended up with 2 boxes of 225 grain accubonds, 2 boxes of 265 grain accubond LR and 2 boxes of the 300 grain custon comp ammo. I figured I needed brass anyway and It gives me a chance to see what kind of accuracy potential it might have. Im going to top it with talley lightweights and a leupold vx3 LRP 4.5-14x50. I thought this looked like something fun to play with while Im waiting to build a custom 338 RUM. Does anyone else have one of these? What are your thoughts? I have found the last few years I have taken an interest in cartridges with larger bore diameters, Like 33 and 35 caliber. Im currently playing around with a 360 Imperial magnum and a 338 lapua, so I thouught this might fit my current interests in a hunting rifle.

I have a m48 longrange in 33. Very accurate rifle, puts 225 ttsx into nice little groups.
It's going to have some pretty solid recoil in a light rifle. Make sure everything is setup right and tight.
I didn't get great results with the factory e-tips but I bought them for the brass anyways. The 265 lrab shot well for me, handloads with rl19 run up to 2850-2870 for me, thats a pretty solid performance.

I have a m48 longrange in 33. Very accurate rifle, puts 225 ttsx into nice little groups.
It's going to have some pretty solid recoil in a light rifle. Make sure everything is setup right and tight.
I didn't get great results with the factory e-tips but I bought them for the brass anyways. The 265 lrab shot well for me, handloads with rl19 run up to 2850-2870 for me, thats a pretty solid performance.
Great to hear, If all goes well, I will bring it elk hunting in your corner of the province in september

I was at my local gun store yesterday and noticed he had the same Nosler 48 liberty rifle in 33 Nosler sitting in the rack that he had 3 years ago. He said he would love to see it gone. So I traded him the same rifle for in 22 Nosler and a hundred bucks for it. I also bought all his factory ammo and a set of hornady dies. I ended up with 2 boxes of 225 grain accubonds, 2 boxes of 265 grain accubond LR and 2 boxes of the 300 grain custon comp ammo. I figured I needed brass anyway and It gives me a chance to see what kind of accuracy potential it might have. Im going to top it with talley lightweights and a leupold vx3 LRP 4.5-14x50. I thought this looked like something fun to play with while Im waiting to build a custom 338 RUM. Does anyone else have one of these? What are your thoughts? I have found the last few years I have taken an interest in cartridges with larger bore diameters, Like 33 and 35 caliber. Im currently playing around with a 360 Imperial magnum and a 338 lapua, so I thouught this might fit my current interests in a hunting rifle.
If you need brass, I've got 150 pieces Nosler, brand new that I'll let go for a good bit less than they're selling for online. PM.