Picatinny Rails. Is there much difference in different manufacturers?

I will be switching from an old Redfield tapped and drilled mount to a Picatinny rail system for my Rem 721. Since there seems to be many manufacturers of these rails, how much difference is there in their products?
On my favorite rifle, a Rem 700 PSS, the external action dimensions were off causing a loss of elevation. Also the mount holes are off so the scope is off center. So I'd check where your scope's actual zero is compared to your rifle's zero when ordering a rail. I lose like 7 moa right off the bat so I currently have a discontinued NightForce 60 moa rail on there and love it. Rails are like anything else so I'd get the one that fits your needs and budget. I'd also look into bedding a rail if needed. If using a aluminum rail try to stick with aluminum rings, the same with steel rings and rails. What's your budget?

Another vote for Murphy Precision from me.
I only have one, in stainless for a Rem 788 (not a whole lot of good options out there), and it is flawless.
I put a whole lot of stock in companies where I can call the guy and discuss exactly what I am looking for, and you talk directly to the owner and machinist at Murphy Precision. I'll be ordering one for a Model 7 before too long.

I just wish he'd bring back his titanium rings!

I will be switching from an old Redfield tapped and drilled mount to a Picatinny rail system for my Rem 721. Since there seems to be many manufacturers of these rails, how much difference is there in their products?
Decided on a EGW rail, heavy duty, hunter series. Thanks for all the advice folks, Had my smith install it so that it was done right.

Older Post and some good input. Get a rail that is CNC Machined by reputable company for precise tolerances. I don't worry about weight on most firearms, so SS is good and there are many grades of SS. But if you do go with Titanium, it is Yes for Weight and Strength. Then high-quality Aluminum (aircraft quality). When purchasing a Picatinny Rail or Mil-Std-1913 Rail the manufacture will usually inform you of the metal specks.
Since you are using the "RAIL" to mount the Optics between the firearm and optic it is a Very Critical Component. Don't comprise on Quality for Price.
Like Darryle said "Buy Once Cry Once". There are many differences on quality and fit with rails.

What I didn't like about several of the aluminum rails out there is that they were anodized black, and then the mfg laser etched their name on them where they would blatantly be visible. This on a part that I purchased.

So I'm paying them for the privilege of advertising for them. <-Note the sarcasm.

If they had sponsored me the part then I'd be OK with it. When I pay full pop for the part I'm not OK with it. I'd even be OK with a discrete logo, but not with their name etched in a font that is the max size for the panel(s) where it will be highly visible when fully assembled.