Phil's Buck @ 600 yards

Buffalobob

This is the video of the 16 inch buck Phil shot at 600 yards with the 7mm AM. The buck is on the extreme right side of the frame. The shot occurs at time 34 sec and there is a lot of blank after wards before I turn off the camera. If you magnify the buck on your screen you can see that he is hit well and nearly drops at the impact but catches himself and runs for about 80 yards or so.

The whole story is located at this thread

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f85/practice-teamwork-34515/

bufflerbob
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I couldn't see anything, no vapor trail, no hit. I saw some antelope. I watched several times paying close attention to the antelope on the right side, but as soon as you shoot he's off the screen. The story and photo afterwards are great. Congrats to you all.

Kevin

The video was originally in AVCHD before I modified it to WMV so I could upload it. On the replay on the camera, I could blow up the section of the video that contained the antelope and watch in more detail. What you see in the magnified High Definition version for just an instant is the buck's legs start to fold under him and then he catches himself and runs. Phil and Cynthia thought it was a miss, but I insisted he was hit well and so we went over the hill and there he was dead. You should also understand that I am still 100 yards or more away from them and off angle somewhat when I see they are getting ready to shoot and I set up the camera.

Here is a video of them trying to find the entrance wound.

I do not have any good video editing software so what you get is what comes out of the camera.

bufflerbob

Video of Dead buck - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have learned a few things about videos since I first started this thread.

Here is the same video but edited down so there is not a lot of wasted time at the end and it is now in HD on Youtube. HD makes it a bigger file to download but I hope you can actually see the bullet strike now. It is very plain on my computer with the original file. We shall see how this does.

He is on the far right in case you have forgotten.

YouTube - 200809240904072

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.