Penn State Sanctioned!

Not too Happy in Happy Valley. They got off light in my opinion. Should have melted the Statue. This whole mess is something that will never be "gotten over"! All of those lives put into ruin ---- no more applicable application of the Quote:

"Let the name of Paterno be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons, showers and obelisks, stricken from every monument of Happy Valley. Let the name of Paterno be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of men for all time!"

Last edited:
I have never been a huge Penn State fan. There are so many people who are die hard fans, its ridiculous. I'm about 45 minutes from there. When there is a game, all the roads are in gridlock. What happened is wrong and so many people played a part in the cover up. I am glad it was exposed and someone is doing something about it. Paterno got off lucky in my opinion.

It's odd. It's almost impossible to know what carnage will be avoided by doing the right thing. Had all that stuff been reported at the time it happened, there would have been a big media stink, at least one arrest, and a law suit or two but nothing like what we're seeing now. Oh yeah, and a few more kids that never would have seen the inside of a Penn State shower facility or the basement of horrors. Also, the people who reported it probably would have been punished in some way like loosing their career because they didn't handle it "discreetly". Hindsight's 20/20 now. I guess you don't betray your basic code of morals and let the chips fall where they may. My reward's not here on earth anyway.

PSU as a whole is responsible ! Paterno was just the start of the cover up. As a seminole fan I always wanted Bobby Bowden on top of the all time win list but not at the cost of broken young men! How could Paterno live with himself !?

i'm a little late here but had to chime in. i agree some penelty had to be done with the football program. because it was to protect it. i'm not sure that's all there is to this. everyone is down on Joe and i don't think he should get the blame. every person on that board that fired him knew about this. i went out with a girl that lives in state college, her ex is in administration there. she said it's been common knowledge in the town for 10 years. also, the police knew about this more than 5 years ago and were investigating. the district attorney, that was doing the investigation just disappeared and his car was found along a river up there. again, he hasn't been seen since, and the case wasn't continued. the police basically dropped it. it was just hushed up. some in the PSU circle think this goes right up to the governor. Joe reported this to the board. they all knew about it. the police knew about it. most think it's bigger than the football program and when it came down Joe was going to be the scapegoat. i don't think Joe should get any where near the blame he's getting. the whole thing is sad, it's hard to imagine crap like this still goes on in this country.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.