Pacific tool DBM fitting

omt223

I have a PTG DBM that I bought second hand and am installing it in a Grayboe ridgeback stock. With the proper length accurate mag, I am having issues with the bolt picking up the next round. It contacts the back of the case and pushes it forward about ~1/8" then drops it and rides up the wall of the case.
Only thing I can figure is that material needs to be removed from the stock where the DBM contacts it to have it fit the mag closer to the bolt.
There is a raised area of the mag that seems like it should fit flush with the bottom of the stock but does not. Can anyone confirm that it should fit flush?

Attachments

• IMG_4719.jpg
    IMG_4719.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 35
When you bought the DBM did it come with pillars? Usually pillars are included to set the spacing between the action and the DBM.

So what ended up happening is me, being so bright, deciding that some material needed to be removed from the pillar areas on the underside of the stock. So I found a machine shop and had them take .095 off of the pillars, which as it turns out wasnt the problem, rather it was the mag guide arms on the dmb that were being smashed by the mag guide thats on the bottom of Bergaras that arent on Remingtons. So I had to build the pillars back up using brass spacers and JB weld.
Dont be stupid, like me, kids

Recent Posts