Outsider looking in

The wolf didn't kill off the bison, a big part of the reason for killing off the bison was to take away the food from the Indians to force them to the reservations. Yes market hunters killed off alot of wildlife, most of it in fact.
The modern hunter has singlehandedly done more for wildlife than any other group or groups of people in the world.
And the modern hunter shouldn't now be in favor of wiping out any species of wildlife.

And, please quit sounding like 'the modern hunter' is in favor of wiping out any species. There are few in favor of that, but the wolf, wherever it is, needs to be effectively controlled and history has taught us the way to do that. It can't be done by sport hunting.

And, please quit sounding like 'the modern hunter' is in favor of wiping out any species. There are few in favor of that, but the wolf, wherever it is, needs to be effectively controlled and history has taught us the way to do that. It can't be done by sport hunting.

I have read quite a few that have said they want them all gone, but maybe they aren't sport hunters, not all hunters are. Thankfully most are though.

Everything Wolf Forum

thought I better add this link into this thread as well so incase someone doesn't see the other one you can all see the real enemy

The everything wolf site is a good one to monitor the enemy, also maybe keep track on
sightings to go out and hunt them.

every one needs to get there heads out of the past on this one. It isn't 1880.

It will soon be 2012, we live in a different world now. Game management has become a science and is the only thing preserving what we have left. When unregulated wolves are allowed to run free the hunting we once enjoyed will be gone for good.

Commercial hunting in the early to mid 1800's was 2 things; Hides and Food.
Yes many buffalo were left to rot, but many more were used to provide meat in a country that was at the very beginning of a budding cattle industry.

Remember Cattle weren't here we brought them on boats, we needed them to reproduce and create meat at the same time, so the numbers were slow in growing, commercial hunting filled the gap in providing low cost meat to the 99% (not related to today's 99%)

Today with 300,000,000 people we are basically screwed. eco-idiots want half the US population eradicated for the animals!

These are the people we are trying to deal with THERE IS NO DEAL TO BE HAD!

Do what you feel is right regardless of what today's 99% tell you.

JMDEN
Yes I have written to several organizations in reference to the Lacy Act.

SWAMPHUNTER
I don't believe that any responsible hunter would like to see any animal removed from the earth. However the Canadian gray wolf is not and never was scientifically endangered. It was the Eastern gray wolf that was. As soon as the Canadian wolf was introduced into a range that they were never indigenous the government created their own invasive specie. I would think that it would be as plain as the nose on your face to see the nearly catastrophic reduction of wildlife populations and the livestock predation in the areas of re-introduction that it would be obvious that these animals are in fact an injurious invasive specie and should be removed from the ranges that they never inhabited in the first place. I f you look hard enough, and you don't even have to look that hard, at the planned introduction of the Mexican gray wolf you will see that there are plans to inhabit these wolves in areas that wolves have never been known to roam. A little research doesn't hurt.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.