Outfitter Recomendations

jamrclap

Any recs for outfitters in Montana, Wyoming, or Colorado for a rifle wilderness hunt? Of course CO has over the counter tags but what about experience drawing in the other two states?

Bill Perry with Hidden Creek Outfitters in wyoming. I made two hunts with them last year and scored on a real nice bull. Headed out again this October also.

Check out the posts in this same forum from Rocking R Ranch. Look to be good people who just took over the outfitting. Good looking prices too.

You might give Waterfowl Haven outfitters a try in Colorado. Don't be fooled by the name they do a lot of trophy big game hunting as well. I know the owner personally, he's a great guy who really knows his stuff when it comes to hunting anything.

I just got back from the mountains of western Wyoming. Two days on horse and foot with Robb Willey of Non-Typical Outfitters scouting for our October, 2014 LRH GROUP ELK HUNT.

The first morning we saw 25 bulls.

22 were 5's and 6's, the rest were 3 or 4 point. Incredible.

Second morning was drizzling and we ONLY saw about 12 in a different area.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.