Out with the old in with the new! Savage 110 FCP HS 300wm

just browsing

So I felt as though my old Winchester Model 70 7mm Rem Mag had seen some better days and made the decision to upgrade. I recently got interested in long range shooting and wanted a setup that would be more suitable for denting some steel at 1,000 yards. Here's what I came up with:

Old:

Winchester Model 70 7mm Rem Mag
Simmons 3-9x40 scope
Champion bi-pod

New:

And who doesn't like kittens:

Savage 110 FCP HS Precision .300 Win Mag
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP
Nightforce 20 MOA base
Seekins Precision Medium Height Rings

I'll be adding a Karsten adjustable cheek piece and a muzzle brake of some sort. Feel free to make any questions, comments, criticisms, etc.

You made a good upgrade. I bought one in late December. It shoots good, I have not hand loaded for it yet. I'm not sure if I am going to brake it yet.

You made a good upgrade. I bought one in late December. It shoots good, I have not hand loaded for it yet. I'm not sure if I am going to brake it yet.

Yeah I'm going to shoot some factory ammo first just to get a baseline and then I can use that to quantify any improvement with my hand loads.

I think you will enjoy it just need to get out and shoot it now.

Yeah that's the idea! I was able to get it boresighted this past weekend but it was too **** cold yesterday to go to the range. I'll be trying to zero it and everything this upcoming weekend providing we get a break in the weather. Really looking forward to stretching its legs though.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.