Out of the shadows from Arkansas

vandiver

My name is Bo Vandiver and I've been lurking quietly for a while now, but not anymore.

I was born and raised here in Arkansas. I grew up hunting and fishing here in the "Natural State" and I am proud to call it home. I worked as an engineer and machinist for almost ten years before deciding that I wanted to be a gunsmith when I grew up. My wife says the jury is still out on that.

My dad and grandfather started taking me hunting at the age of five. At twelve dad upgraded me from a Marlin 30-30 with a 3-9x40 Tasco to a Rem. 700 30-06 with a Bushnell 4-12x40BDC. He soon got tired of loading shells for me and took the time to teach me. Sometimes I wonder if that was a gift or a curse! That's all it took, and by the time I was thirteen I took my first long range whitetail at 440 yards with dad and several of his friends watching (their barrels were hot and clips empty from shooting at the same small buck). Any way, now it's 300 RUM's (my favorite for now) with Nightforce scopes and 1000 or more yards, but it still feels the same when I squeeze the trigger as it always did.

I'm a FFL gunsmith with a lot of lessons learned the hard way. I've learned a few things lurking around here and hope that I have at least a little useful knowledge that I can pass along.

I have a website that is a work in progress (with me doing all the work), but I'm afraid I'll get in trouble for giving the url in a post.

I look forward to learning more here, and please excuse me because I tend to ramble.

Welcome to Long Range Hunting Bo.

Sounds like you'll fit in great around here. Don't worry about that being "rambling". Just hang around and do some reading and you'll see some serious "rambling". :):rolleyes::)

Thanks, it's good to be here, actually I have been for a while though. The thing in the top right says since Jan. 05, but I know I lurked for a while before that.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.