Our 2011 Colorado 3rd rifle season.... Another

7MMColoHunter

Great hunt and just an amazing time spent with my youngest son Arlan. We passed up lots of bucks and several good bucks (which amazed me that my son would pass several of them). My son never even fired a shot until Wednesday, and then I blew it by not ranging it twice, and having him aim to high and ended up blowiing off the G2 and G3 of a giant 180" buck on the left side. After that he just wasn't as impressive and decided to shoot another buck that was with "BROKEN" (the big 180" buck) and closed the deal on Thursday night with a awesome 317 yard shot standing right beside "BROKEN" taking the top of his heart right off.

289.jpg

295.jpg

287.jpg

288.jpg

291.jpg

My cousin also took a great buck hunting with us opening day !

281.jpg

And her husband also took a good one the same night as Arlan !

299.jpg

My dad and daughter have not had the same luck in unit 41 with thier doe tags and I have 2 days left to fill my unit 41 doe tag. Good luck to all still hunting !

Quinton

As for the does... we made it back out Saturday and got the tags filled. It was almost tougher than the buck hunts this year and I could not believe the amount of hunters and pressure on those poor deer in unit 41. Every time you seen a deer it was hualing butt ! We all three filled our tags, but I did not get a pic of dads doe.

My daughters doe.

Missy2011Doe2.jpg

Missy2011doe3.jpg

Missy2011Doe.jpg

My doe

2011Doeq.jpg

2011doe.jpg

We had a great year this year and as always I enjoyed all the time spent with my family and friends in the GREAT OUTDOORS !

Quinton

Congrats on a great season! Great pictures of a true family affair!

I love the first picture of your wife with her buck in the back of the Jeep in your other post. The look on her face says it all!

Looks like you definately are having fun. Congratulations on keeping the family involved. I hope to make it out to Colorado to use my 7 preference points in 2013.
Randygun)

What bullet was used to blow the top of the heart of. What caliber did you use to take your doe? the gun looks like a remington Model 700 VS SF II

Awesome pictures, looks like a great time.

Seeing those pictures reminds me why I need to get back into hunting...haven't gone in 10 years, due to getting married and new jobs and stuff... This fall, My rifle will be done, and I'll head to the woods for MN Whitetails.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.