Ouch, what’s a good YouTube technique channel

hereinaz

LRH Sponsor
I hear this happens to everyone, first shot of the year and only shot a bow for a couple months two years ago.

What are some good places to watch good fundamentals? I drew an archery elk tag, have a crew to hunt with, want to see how the pros shoot.

77E7F249-C6DB-42C5-869E-D8F8775A0963.jpeg

If you want to see how the pros shoot, watch pros. Dudley is good, also George Ryals, "thing a week" on youtube.
I've shot tournament archery for over 50 years and your best personal instruction or tips will come from an archery shops tournament shooters.

Arizona Archery Club in Phoenix is where I'd go.

Just be glad your a male the women claim what they catch on a bow string hurts alot worse than your arm ever will.

I would think that your draw length is too long if you're doing that? I'm not sure I've ever had that happen to me except when I was young shooting a bow that I had no business shooting. There's a lot of good guys in Arizona they could help you out.
This exactly☝️☝️.
Majority of shooters DL are too long. I'd be hesitant about pro shops. These days they just take your money and there's almost nothing "pro" about them.
OP I would honestly head over to an archery forum. There tons of actual pros and people who are seriously serious (funny i know) about archery over there. They don't stand to gain any monetary benefit either. Like the many members here, they are die hards and concerned with sharing what they know and helping others.

I'd be hesitant about pro shops. These days they just take your money and there's almost nothing "pro" about them.
Every time I've been to one I've been treated very well. The bow I bought from a Sportsman's Warehouse was really loud, my string stop was way out, caused me to miss a nice 4x4 muley. Took my bow to Ross in AZ and they got my bow shooting much better and hooked me up with a couple of extra pins and stuff.

The pro shop I go to here in MT has tuned my bows and got them shooting better than they were before. I've been extremely happy going to actual archery shops to get things ironed out.

I'd definitely never go to a store like Cabela's or Sportsman's to get a bow checked out or even setup. They just don't take the time necessary to ensure it's perfect, I don't think they have all of the appropriate equipment and know how to do so either.

Every time I've been to one I've been treated very well. The bow I bought from a Sportsman's Warehouse was really loud, my string stop was way out, caused me to miss a nice 4x4 muley. Took my bow to Ross in AZ and they got my bow shooting much better and hooked me up with a couple of extra pins and stuff.

The pro shop I go to here in MT has tuned my bows and got them shooting better than they were before. I've been extremely happy going to actual archery shops to get things ironed out.

I'd definitely never go to a store like Cabela's or Sportsman's to get a bow checked out or even setup. They just don't take the time necessary to ensure it's perfect, I don't think they have all of the appropriate equipment and know how to do so either.
I should have prefaced that. There are plenty of good shops out there that will go the extra mile for you. If you find that than by all means stick to it. But the reason you take your equipment somewhere is because you don't know how to work on it yourself. I used many very "good" shops in my life that got my bows shooting better, but it wasn't till i started working on my own equipment that I realized how "good" a shop actually was. I think of the old saying, ignorance is bliss.

I hear this happens to everyone, first shot of the year and only shot a bow for a couple months two years ago.

What are some good places to watch good fundamentals? I drew an archery elk tag, have a crew to hunt with, want to see how the pros shoot.

View attachment 546482
That's one of the more impressive ones I've ever seen!!! Ice that baby up.

Where are you located in Arizona.

Lots of good places in Arizona with lots of shooters. Should be able to find some good instruction.

I'd definitely advise finding a good shop and get some instruction and make sure you get your bow set up and that the draw fits you….. John Dudley has got a ton of great stuff online. But most important I'd get your bow fitment right. Then you can get your form in order. But if the draw is too long/short your form is going to suffer. But find you a good pro shop (do a lil research and ask around) and let em walk you through it.

From that I'd say skip the youtube and find a pro shop. Then support them in return.
You will never buy enough gear to repay free help.
It's a good idea to be acquainted with a pro shop since they do way more than set up your bow. They will help with your form.
As mentioned you need to shorten the draw length. At anchor point you should have a tough time getting your other arm straight enough to get whacked by the string.

Recent Posts