good perchase??

brian923

hey guys, i am new to bows so please bear with me. i bought a bow from a friend of my father, who shot it once, and didnt like it. i paid 175.00$ for it and i came with a hard case, and 5 arrows with field tips and broadheads, a sight, and a detachable quiver, stabilizer and cobra quick release.

my question is... is it a good bow? its a PSE, and the only thing written on it is team primos, and 33 special. its a funny looking camoflauge pattern, but i figured that it was an in-expensive way to get into bow shooting and hunting. i still havent shot it yet, as i have not very much free time.

also, how important is the camo pattern on a bow? can it be painted?? or better to stay with the pattern...

just wondering if it was a good bow, and a good perchase. thanks guys, brian

I would say without knowing any more detail than that you did just fine. Sounds like a great deal and an excellent starter bow. You will be able to see what you like and don't like or if you even like archery at all. I would say a new low end PSE would probably be at least $350. Heck my sight was $200. I wouldn't think the camo pattern is too important. It sure isn't going to hurt anything if you want to paint it. Have fun with it! Cinch

brian:
It's tough to say whether or not you made a good purchase. As for the camo pattern, it doesn't matter - the best camo in the woods is to just sit still.

Regardless of the bow you have, here's what I will tell you. You're clearly a novice with a bow. Find a good bow shop and take all your equipment to the shop. Work with someone knowledgable at the shop to make sure the bow is the proper draw length for you, get your bow tuned and make sure you have proper arrows. It doesn't matter how much you invest in a bow...if it isn't the right draw length and isn't tuned right, it won't shoot right.

Its a decent bow, probably 4-5 years old, I used to sell them at Gander Mountian. Never heard a complaint.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.