optics for a 204

hammer111

Im not that knowledgeable about scopes. So I need some advice for my new mossberg mvp 204.

I can' break the bank. I know I get what I pay for. I'll probaly have to go used, and new or used I guess 250.00 is my limit.

I have a Mueller APV 40mm I think on my 17 hmr

I also have a simmons 3.8x12/44 w/lighted reticle, but I forgot the model.

I like the mueller. seems like you get alot for the money.

I can't knock a Mueller.i had an eradicator that was on 2 of my 300wsm rifles,a 25wssm,223 and a 6.5x284 and it held up very well.the only complaint if you can call it that was it got a little fuzzy at higher end magnification but it was a $230 scope so I can't really complain.the Nikon buckmaster scopes are nice and can be found used for a reasonable price as well.

thanks bug. can you narrow them down to the model. like eradicator. there are sooo many scope choices out there, that I don't know what model is suited for this gun.

If Im correct there is little recoil with tis round. i just don't want to buy more scope than I need.

Brand names I know. I think my simmons is the master series. I compared it ro some ohter scopes and it was crisp and clear within a 100 yrds or so.

So as it sits now, I guess its between mueller. simmons and nikon. its the model designations need.

been looking at the mueller and saw a vortex crossfire. both have great reviews. so did the nikon and simmons. I like the adjustable objective option. only the mueller and vortex had it in what I want. I think the 50mm is a little over board for me. i think 44 is more my speed. I have experience with mueller and like it.

So I think its mueller time !

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts