Opinions on the .220 swift

AH3682

Hey, Sorry to bug you guys again,

I saw a Remington Model 700 Varmint SF in .220 swift.

I'm looking for your assesment of this rifle/caliber.

Thanks in Advance!gun)

If you are looking to put a hurt on varmint sized critters, the 220 swift will do it. If you are a reloader components are fairly easy to find. If you are buying factory ammo I think you will get a lot more choices going 22-250 with only a marginal drop in performance.

Nice. If the rifle fits nice and a is a deal, do it! You're eventually going to need another safe anyway . . . No sense putting off the inevitable.

I have one that's NOT set up for long range, but even with a super cheap scope, she's REALLY accurate with hand loads. It does a NUMBER on coyotes and rock chucks.

Thanks for your reply guys.

As soon as I get the last $100 I'm going for it.

As for a scope, I don't want to break the bank, any suggestions?

Also, what are you opinions on nikko stirling?

Thanks in Advance!

A scope that doesn't break the bank that gets really good reviews is the Vortex Diamondback.

+1 on Vortex. Good scope for the $. You might also look for a deal on a Busnell Elite. I always stayed away from Bushnell but their newer mid to high end stuff is reportedly really nice. I shot through a buddy's and was impressed.

Forgot to add: don't buy crap. You'll be bummed. I put a crap BSA on a 10/22 and it wasn't even acceptable for that. And I'm not the mysterious internet guy who shoots 700yds with 22LR. It sucked at 50.

Guys,
Thanks for your recent replys and suggestion. I looked it up and noticed Vortex also had a 4-12x40. I like the extra magnification, is it as good as the 3.5-10x50? Also there is a 4-12x40 with a AO. Would it be a lot better than the one without? It sure cost more!

Once again thanks!:D

I am a huge fan of the 220 Swift. I have several they are great and u reloading is a bonus. I have a old ruger model 77V my first real varmit gun and it still shoots good 20+ yrs later.

As far as scopes vortex are great but i recently bought a burris off the classifieds here and it was a 6-24X44 for 400 delivered and i am more then happy with it, i put it on a tikka t3 scout i bought out of the classifieds here and it shot 5 shots inside a one in circle at 200 yds so i cant argue.

Good luck with the 220 and ur scope selection

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts