OnX and CarPlay

Chadp82

I went on a late elk hunt this past week, tag soup unfortunately….

I did learn that OnX works with Apple CarPlay. It was pretty handy while trying to figure out when we were crossing in our out of legal areas on the road. We did a lot of snow crunching on foot, but the parcels of land we could hunt were scattered out so it was nice to know where we were just in case we spotted something from the road or wanted to stop and walk out to a ridge line to glass.

Even though we came home empty handed, a day hunting is always better than a day at work 😀

Last edited:

I did learn that OnX works with Apple CarPlay. It was pretty handy while trying to figure out when we were crossing in our out of legal areas on the road. We did a lot of snow crunching on foot, but the parcels of land we could hunt were scattered out so it was nice to know where we were just in case we spotted something from the road or wanted to stop and walk out to a ridge line to glass.

Even though we came home empty handed, a day hunting is always better than a day at work 😀
Yup it's really handy. I was driving out eastern Montana and I was able to find a lot of Open Fields spots close to the Hi-Line. Super handy..

I asked OnX earlier this fall about us android users. Sounds like the ball has been in Googles court for some time now, and no time table of when they may approve it. Hopefully we will have it for next season cause it is pretty slick, heck I would have it on all the time whether hunting or not!

Not always......somedays you're better off not to even think of hunting.....