gohunt vs. OnX

I use On X and HuntStand on my phone but I also purchase the Garmin huntview chips that I use in a Garmin Alpha 100. It gives me a good Birdseye view and I can swap batteries out of it in just a second where I don't have to depend on my phone battery. Both work great. I just try and conserve my phone for Bluetooth messaging with my In-Reach or for communicating where I have signal.

I had difficulty using HuntStand, in defense of the App though, I did not put a ton of effort into learning how to use all of the app's functionality. I felt like I needed to take a computer programming course to learn how to use the app.
I use it ,I have used it for a long time .it does take a little getting used to but works very well

Has anyone used gohunt in Montana? Are the maps comparable to OnX there? or are they just limited in general compared to OnX?

I have no experience with GoHunt... but I've been using OnX for the past 2 years and love it. I have my Garmin Mini2 which I link to my phone for messaging and advanced GPS functionality... but OnX on my phone has covered everything else. What I'd really like to see is OnX being able to talk to my Garmin Mini2!

Sorry that I don't have a comparison for you, but I tried OnX first with the mindset that if I wasn't happy I'd try others... and so far I've had no reason to try anything else.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Thanks, I have had OnX for the last 6 years. Just wondering Gohunt has any features or functionality that anyone considers and improvement. Not really concerned about the cost difference.

I have both, been using OnX for 10 years or so, gohunt for past 5 or so, and then they come out with the maps last year or so.
Tried using both this year, I still go to OnX most of the time in the field using Offline mode. The gohunt maps have a better 3D mode, the maps themselves might be a higher HD resolution, no hybrid mode in 3D offline mode. The goHunt maps app takes up a huge amount of gigabytes on your iPhone flash memory for just the program (not the Offline map data). Thus I have deleted the GoHunt app when not in hunting season. Still hoping it would be a game changer they claim to be, just don't see it yet.