One Serious Scope

Ian M

Just got a U.S. Optics 3.3x-22x scope, it has a 35mm tube and is one big, solid, serious instrument. Waiting on some rings, fortunately Badger Ordnance has them. Will let you guys know how it compares to some of the other scopes I use a lot when I get it goin'.

Ian

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the U. S. Optics scopes. I've considered them a few times but usually opt for something less expensive, like a new pickup or home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I did just recently get a 35mm tube IOR 6 x 24 and it is impressive in overall size and weight... I can easily imagine the one you have being somewhat heavier (probably not too much).

What kind of elevation and windage knob system did you get?? I just can't figure out the many types U. S. Optics offers, a major drawback for getting one of their scopes.

Dave,
You may not hold my opinion in as high regard as Ian's and rightfullty so...
however, I have had just about every scope ( quality ) out there short of a Hensolt.
My opinon... if you are gonna spend the money for a USO get a S&B....
the USO glass ( the one I had )is not as good as NF and far less supirior than S&B.. the thing I like about USO was the EREK knob... thats about it.. they are heavy and bulky...
but S&B turret ( double turn ) is every bit as good and the glass is way better..

just my .02

Ric

Thanks for the info, your opinion is on par with about everyone else (everyone except my mother-in-law's opinion, her's is definately THE ONLY opinion).

A S&B is on my list, the PMII I believe.

A U. S. optics is also on the list but just for a sneak peek initially.

I'm going to interested too. I've plumped for a PMII but I have a deep seated longing for a USO-SN9.

Think we need to set up a Mother-in-law head to head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

now what you guys go and talk like that for? I just plopped down 1/2 of the total price for an SN-3 in 3.8X22 with a 40mm tube and an 85mm objective. I own a SB and love it, but decided to go with USO because I understood that their optics were as good as if not better than SB based on what the guys on the sniper forum were saying. I will be interested in your evaluation.

Guys,
Waiting on some Badger 35mm rings, I did not even know that Marty made 35mm but he came to my rescue. As I mentioned, it is a BIG scope. Looking forward to using on some long range bullet testing that I am currently doing - will be able to compare it with MK4's, NXS, Nikons and probably a S&B or two. We have some scopes that get a lot of use, will be easy to put it head to head with these known-performers. The resolution target will also help determine what they are capable of.

Ric, interesting that you did not get on too high with the US Optics you had. I have had some S&B's and did not like the color contrast or the metric dials, but they are nice clear scopes. Have used several now, just not at the top of my list (hope Pete is not reading this, he might crash one of his satelites on my house /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

JonL
Will share the info, I have it now but cannot shoot till the rings show up. Easily the biggest scope that I have ever handled, makes my NXS look kind of small.

Ian,

None of my S&B's are metric /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif they are all 1/4 min. clicks... I actually like the color contrast being out here in the west if you have poor optics things begin to blend together too much...

I am not taking away from USO.. just very BIG, very HEAVY... S&B better glass not so heavy and built tough too!

I have been fortunate to try **** near every scope short of Hensolt(sp?)
for the money Leupold VXIII wins...
if money is available but budgeted, NXS
money is no object .. S&B!

not meant to highjack just my personal observation... sinceya asked.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.