One bullet penetrating another!

There is a lot out there on that pic. If I recall, the bullet on the left has no rifling marks, so the midair collision was ruled out.
Maybe someone knows more.

why would one assume that this happened in mid air flight? I hit other bullets with my bullets all the time in the dirt berm at my gun range

When the picture first came out, I was very impressed at the odds of this happening or even the chance of finding something like this. Then after more scrutinizing, The lack of rifling on one bullet left a question that it could have been done on purpose.

I suppose It could happen, and there could be a reason that the one bullet could have been shot in a wore out rifle, but the angle one entered the other also brings up questions. I am skeptical but it could happen.

Being a collector of arrow heads I am always looking for them and While out west I ran into a Flint napper making counterfeit buffalo spines with a flint point in the spinal cavity. (I had been looking for one for my collection for years). He was asking a premium price for the rare piece and was using cow bones he got at a slaughter house and after assembly, he placed them outside to weather for a long time to make them look like he found them.Now if/when I see one I cant make my self buy one because I don't trust that it would be authentic.

Only the guy that has it realy knows weather or not it is authentic or not, but It is still a great conversation piece. :cool:

J E CUSTOM

It can happen and it's rare. Co-Hunt, could you post any pictures you have of one of your bullets hitting and penetrating another bullet? The lack of rifling could mean a worn out barrel bore ( thanks Jerry, JE Custom), an unfired round located almost anywhere and being hit by a fired bullet, or ??
Below is another picture of some other bullets.

Attachments

• BD47FFE7-2A7C-463A-BE33-AC45838BBFFC.jpeg
    BD47FFE7-2A7C-463A-BE33-AC45838BBFFC.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 72
This also reminds me of the robin hood in archery. A true robin hood is when a person shoots one arrow and the proceeding arrow centers the knock of the first arrow and goes inside it.

Many times I have seen archers shoot many arrows in to a target and literally fill the target with arrows in order to get a false robin hood. they normally tear up many arrows and if they do succeed in putting one arrow inside the other it is only luck and not skill and there is no real satisfaction in it.

Its like shooting a two shot group and claiming 3 shots or a 4 shot and claiming 5 to keep the group small. Only the shooter really knows the truth.

I am sure it can happen, but the odds are astronomical.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts