On fire tonight double whammy.

No doubt about it, the 17 HMR is far, far more popular than the 17 WSM.

BUT, since getting my 17 WSM, I hardly ever shoot, either, of my 17 HMR's.

It may be that most guys who want to shoot rimfire are satisfied with the ballistics of the smaller cartridge, and if somebody wants a little more he just moves up to a small centerfire cartridge. I just read that the larger rimfire cartridge evolved out of a nail-gun cartridge, not a rifle cartridge. This suggests to me that B23's assessment of the quality control in manufacturing the ammo is quite likely right on the mark. Until they start selling more of it, they may not incorporate better QC into the process to promote better accuracy. Unfortunately, the mediocre accuracy may be the reason for low sales volume. It may also be that they are putting better QC into the loading of the lighter bullets, and plan to work that backward through the production line as their loading equipment wears out and requires replacement. I hope it all comes together at some point, but in the meantime it seems that the 15-grain bullets are the way to go. Those yotes looked like the little bullets worked just fine, but as winter rolls around and the fur gets heavier, more bullet weight might show some benefits. One thing that seems pretty cerrtain, though, is that Ohlongarm is going to keep grinding on the coyotes and reporting in with his findings. Thank you for that, Sir.

When the winter fur is on, the .204 with 39 SBK will take the wind out of some of them. :oops:
👊 I hope he doesn't take the wing out of me,my cabin where i'll be staying is 50 yards these are seen weekly,my doctor friend took this last week. Took me a week to figure out how to post it.

Attachments

• IMG_8821.gif
    IMG_8821.gif
    863.6 KB · Views: 128
That there is a MONDAMTANA Coyote!!!!!! They are a little more aggressive than OHION Coyotes........little heavier and muscled up.....but they will come to a call, sometimes quite silently too........any hair you may have on the back of your neck, well, it will stand up!!! They kinda "scare the progressive" out of you if they get too close..............😂

That there is a MONDAMTANA Coyote!!!!!! They are a little more aggressive than OHION Coyotes........little heavier and muscled up.....but they will come to a call, sometimes quite silently too........any hair you may have on the back of your neck, well, it will stand up!!! They kinda "scare the progressive" out of you if they get too close..............😂
Not worried i've faced more dangerous predators,PS,I'm a varmint hunter also,check out the varmint hunters section,on fire today with the 17WSM,practicing for coyotes.

I'm glad that I don't I would have a hard time with some of them . I don't think the world has a place in it for child molesters they would be my down fall .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.