Old spanish mauser caliber?

Sendero270

Any body have any clue what caliber this rifle may be? There's no caliber stamped on the barrel. Im guessing 7×57, but probably going to have to take it to a gunsmith.
1000000888.jpg
1000000885.jpg
1000000887.jpg
1000000886.jpg

Any body have any clue what caliber this rifle may be? There's no caliber stamped on the barrel. Im guessing 7×57, but probably going to have to take it to a gunsmith.

Factory barreled actions (rifles) were 7x57, however, it's bad form (and dangerous) to guess about any chambers without confirming with a chamber cast.

There is the possibility that the information you need is on the bottom of the action and barrel under the stock. Remove the stock screws and lift out the the barreled action to read the stamps underneath.

This still does not guarantee that this rifle has not been rechambered. So the safe bet is to get the chamber cast and measured.

Enjoy!

:)

Well I'm having a local gunsmith chamber cast the rifle for a reasonable price and piece of mind. He also believes it to be a 7mm.

There were no markings on the barrels underside indicating what caliber the rifle was. Seems odd to me.

I can't seem to find much information on the history of the rifle. From what I gathered, the 1932 on the action is the model number.

Anyone know anything about these rifles and what they might be worth?

The ones I just looked at in 7x57 on gunbroker don't seem to move well, if someone offered you $300 cash and you were making some money off it, I'd sell. This is totally just my opinion

Recent Posts