Old Rail Road Items

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Hello all
My dad worked for the CNJ Central New Jersery Rail Road from the 1940s to late 1970s. I remember him working on the side of a mountain where he had to walk several miles back and forth every shift. No electricty only gas lights and Telegraph Morse Code to communicate. I also remember going to work with him in a Rail Yard (1960s) with no electricty, propane lights & heat from a 100# tank that would be delivered by rail, and a big wooden ice chest cooler for his lunch. He would take me to work and I would shoot RATs in the yard and along the Lackawanna River with a Savage Model 29 Pump 22LR (still have the rifle and refurbished to like new).
I have several of his Telegraph Keys and Receivers along with Carbide Lamps, Paper Work for Trains, Underwood Type Writer, Locks & Keys from RR Cars.
Where could I post to sell? Really don't have any Nephews that would want this, and would imagine it is worth so good coin.
We used to display thess items, but no room anymore. Also have an entensive set of American Flyer Rail Road Train that we put under the Christmas Tree when I was younger.
Thanks for any info
Len & Jill

That's a good question. Obviously you can post them here under the "other stuff for sale section", but if it were me… I would try an antique store. More specifically talk to the owner of the store and ask for the names/numbers for the people who stock the store (most stores rent out space to people to sell their stuff). I would imagine you could sell most if not all, hopefully all to one person. Good luck!

Hello all
My dad worked for the CNJ Central New Jersery Rail Road from the 1940s to late 1970s. I remember him working on the side of a mountain where he had to walk several miles back and forth every shift. No electricty only gas lights and Telegraph Morse Code to communicate. I also remember going to work with him in a Rail Yard (1960s) with no electricty, propane lights & heat from a 100# tank that would be delivered by rail, and a big wooden ice chest cooler for his lunch. He would take me to work and I would shoot RATs in the yard and along the Lackawanna River with a Savage Model 29 Pump 22LR (still have the rifle and refurbished to like new).
I have several of his Telegraph Keys and Receivers along with Carbide Lamps, Paper Work for Trains, Underwood Type Writer, Locks & Keys from RR Cars.
Where could I post to sell? Really don't have any Nephews that would want this, and would imagine it is worth so good coin.
We used to display thess items, but no room anymore. Also have an entensive set of American Flyer Rail Road Train that we put under the Christmas Tree when I was younger.
Thanks for any info
Len & Jill
There's three to start with
4B55D020-BF2F-436A-A42E-7FC989456255.png

First off- does New Jersey have electricity now? Second "Facebook" has groups of people that deal in antiques, cars, celebrity underwear, you name it. I don't have a "facebook" account, but my kids do so I ask them about that sort of thing when the need arises. @cornshank- this is up your alley, any suggestions?

Hello all
Thanks for any info
Len & Jill
First off- does New Jersey have electricity now? Second "Facebook" has groups of people that deal in antiques, cars, celebrity underwear, you name it. I don't have a "facebook" account, but my kids do so I ask them about that sort of thing when the need arises. @cornshank- this is up your alley, any suggestions?

All of the above and good old eBay , he can search ,sold items to get an idea of what people have paid for that type stuff.
Also he could check into the closest museum to where the stuff came from and they will probably have a few leads , and might be interested themselves.