Old powder

actionshooter

I've been out of handloading for a while and want to work on a 300Win mag for long range use. I have quite a bit of powder that is 6-10 years old. Some of it has never been opened. It has been stored correctly and I was wondering if it would still be ok to use? If it is ok to use, is there a chance that I would receive different results than with a new batch of the same type?
Thanks Steve

Always a chance it will be different from new powder. Powder can change from lot to lot in the same month. Open your container that you want to use, look at it, smell it, etc. If it looks good and smells good, give it a try. I wouldn't throw it out without trying it.

Wrap it up descreetly, enclose $5 and ship it to me and I will dispose of it properly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I will casually burn it up in 60-90 grain quantities. I have powder that is 20 years old and it still works fine. When it starts to clump then it is bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I will one up Hired Gun. I will send you the shipping and $30 a pound if I can see some photos before we agree.

hahahahahaha.....obviously HUA for me. I never check that stuff....just post when I see something I like. Well....now I might check sometimes.