Old "greenhorn" says "hello" to forum members

zanders

Greetings Long Range Shooters,

Just discovered this site today... WOW!!! Very cool.
Am a retired college teacher seeking new friends in the Long Range Shooting community. I have spent some serious money on equipment in the past hoping to get into Long Range Competition, but life has taken me down other paths. I still have a practically new 700 Sendero SF in 300 Win mag and a Browning A-Bolt with BOSS in same caliber. It's obscene what I paid for the long range optics (Nightforce and Leupold) and other toys, etc, but I have never had a chance to use these rifles as I had planned. Both need breaking in. I remember working with a master reloader back in the late 1990s on a custom 300 Win mag cartridge featuring the 220 gr Sierra HPBT Match bullet... but we never finished the project.

Seeking Long Range Shooters in East Texas... I live in Trinity, between Huntsville and Crockett. Seeking a shooting range for long range work... out to perhaps 600 meters or more... hopefully with fully charged golf carts...:D

Thanks for opportunity. By the way, I am a Life NRA member. I have spent untold hours popping caps at the American Shooting Center west of Houston.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.