OK, My turn on the 6.5 Creedmoor

One can argue the theoretical ceiling in a perfectly tuned load for all cartridges is relatively high, next to impossible to determine, and thus "the same".

However in a practical/real world scenario you've got people shooting one hole groups with a zero workup fireforming load for a 6mm BRA. Loads literally just meant to work brass and you've got professional shooters saying they would run it in a match. You don't see that with something like a 6mm remington. Of course you can make a hammer out of both.

Is the effort involved and wiggle room in load development the same?

There are inherently accurate rifles as well...some rifles are just shooters, has nothing to do with the cartridge - I have to believe that a bench gun is probably one of those.

I don't really know. I am at about 300 rounds on this one. Last 260 I had which was running a proof CF I was at around 1800 rounds when I traded it off. Not really sure what expected barrel life would be as compared to the creed. I would think they will be very similar though.

I don't really know. I am at about 300 rounds on this one. Last 260 I had which was running a proof CF I was at around 1800 rounds when I traded it off. Not really sure what expected barrel life would be as compared to the creed. I would think they will be very similar though.
Ok thanks, I think a good barrel life on the creed is like 2000 rounds I'am thinking that the .260 should have better barrel life due to the shoulder.

I really like the 260 and have had one for years. The only thing I think I like better right now in 6.5 flavor is the 6.5-06. I got a 6.5 PRC also but aint even shot it yet so anxious to see where it falls into the hierarchy. I think the 260 does the job just as good if not better than the creed just like I think the saum does the job if not better than the 6.5 PRC. But I don't really care cause I WANT THEM ALL

I really like the 260 and have had one for years. The only thing I think I like better right now in 6.5 flavor is the 6.5-06. I got a 6.5 PRC also but aint even shot it yet so anxious to see where it falls into the hierarchy. I think the 260 does the job just as good if not better than the creed just like I think the saum does the job if not better than the 6.5 PRC. But I don't really care cause I WANT THEM ALL
I believe George Gardner runs the prc with 147s at around 3150 from a 26in barrel. My next rifle was going to be a fast twist 7mm but I think I'll jump on the prc bandwagon. Just cant make up my mind if I want to build in on a long or short action.

I would like to suggest that some of the "haters" use the "ignore" function on this site, so that information can flow and reduce the BS. Personal attacks do not add to a family friendly site.

I believe George Gardner runs the prc with 147s at around 3150 from a 26in barrel. My next rifle was going to be a fast twist 7mm but I think I'll jump on the prc bandwagon. Just cant make up my mind if I want to build in on a long or short action.
After Weatherbyfan posted pics of his sako a7 rebarreled to a prc, finding a used magnum a7 with the m40 b&c stock is quite appealing. The triggers on those a7s are pretty nice for a factory

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts