Oh boy, I'm back to school ...

I never want to go back to school. I feel like I learn something new everyday. It gets exhausting to say the least haha.

Thank you all! I was not able to pass on my GI Bill to my sons because I retired about 3 years too early. My GI Bill is about to expire this August and I did not want 42 months of coverage to go to waste.

My goal for pursuing Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an emphasis in Organizational Development is primarily for personal achievement followed by career development and advancement. In addition, I am hoping that it will inspire my sons to do the same.Once I receive my degree in Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with emphasis in Organizational Development, I will continue working for the government, as a management analyst for the Department of the Air Force but will venture to areas of human resources organizational development/management and apply the new knowledge, skills, and abilities learned unless an opportunity to be a freelance organizational development consultant in the civilian sector opens up.

It will not be easy by any means but I have my eye on the prize and will try to enjoy my doctoral journey in the process.

Cheers!

You should make an acronym for that degree title, lol. Good luck and have fun!

Wish you the best in your studies. I finished my MS when I was 60. I was the oldest graduate student at several of the large universities I attended. Keep plugging away.

deepwater

Wish you the best in your studies. I finished my MS when I was 60. I was the oldest graduate student at several of the large universities I attended. Keep plugging away.

deepwater

Good on you! I felt that I was too old to pursue it but I found out on my residency class that there's a pretty high percentage of people much older than I am ... and I think it's pretty awesome.

Thanks!

I started my 1st dissertation class this week. Submitted my draft prospectus. The prospectus will become the proposal (will have to defend it against my dissertation chair/committee) and then the disseration. It is getting intense and will be laying low on my activities here for a while to focus more on my studies but will check in from time to time. Cheers!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts