OCW thoughts....

Kampfjager

Hey everyone, I'm curious to see what everyone's thoughts are on this OCW test, thanks.... btw, this is the components...
155gr scenar
Lapua brass
Cci 200
Varget
Coal 2.855" ...ES & avg. velocities are shown....
O
20200516_173940.jpg

You have a very nice velocity node form 45.7 to 46.1 going on there. I'd load 45.9 and work on seating depth.
I thought so too, 46.1 just looks real good to me & getting the same velocity 3 times in a row especially shooting this test round Robin style really looks good........ thoughts?

46.1 is definitely good, but 46.3 jumps up 22FPS with just .2gr of powder. Whereas 45.7 to 46.1 are much closer in velocity to one another than 46.1 to 46.3 grains. Loading in the middle of that node will give a forgiving load that's also consistent. That's just my thoughts. Then tweak seating depth to bring the the groups tighter together.

excuse me ?
a ladder has shooter error but shooting 8 groups does not ?
I think you need to learn how to shoot.
front rest, rear rest, stable table. scope with enough power to be precise.
you should stick with your ocd . the targets clearly show how well it (did not) work.
Ladder tests work if you can remove shooter error...... I've never cared for ladder tests cause they can be a bit muddy..... idk

excuse me ?
you should stick with your ocd . the targets clearly show how well it (did not) work.
I think you need to back off and put the attitude away. He actually got some very good velocity data here that you should pay attention to. If he goes back and fine tunes his seating depth those groups will shrink.

Amazing how intolerant some can be, we all chose how we load develop and shoot. Thats the fun of this sport to me........
46.1 is definitely good, but 46.3 jumps up 22FPS with just .2gr of powder. Whereas 45.7 to 46.1 are much closer in velocity to one another than 46.1 to 46.3 grains. Loading in the middle of that node will give a forgiving load that's also consistent. That's just my thoughts. Then tweak seating depth to bring the the groups tighter together.
Constructive advice to try OP :)

Groups seem fairly consistent in placement, size, and shape. I think that somewhat nullifies the shooter error part. I agree with others, focus on the 45.9 gr load and do a seating depth test. Same fashion, round robin.

excuse me ?
"I need to learn how to shoot".... that's cute. And this wasnt 8 consecutive groups or optimum seating depth or neck sized only brass or optimum shooting position/conditions....yet most groups were under 1" from a factory rifle......

Groups seem fairly consistent in placement, size, and shape. I think that somewhat nullifies the shooter error part. I agree with others, focus on the 45.9 gr load and do a seating depth test. Same fashion, round robin.
That's what I think I'll do.....45.7, 45.9, 46.1 but 5 of each..... then on to seating depth and neck sizing only, and log velocities......

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts