O/U Shotguns for the Faint Hearted

Well those would get the job done! I've always wanted a nice shotgun, but wow!

I thought my idea of someday getting a Caesar Guerini with great wold, nice engraving, andjustable cheek, fitted to me and 28 gauge, 20 gauge and 12 gauge barrels. To me, 28 & 20 seem great for hunting while 12 has a nice pattern for Sporting.

I do all that dreaming with my basic Browning Citori in hand!

The sad thing is those guns will more than likely never be shot....spend their time in a gun cabinet and only taken out to be shown off and wiped off....
Basically a very rich person's Art Collection!
Not only is each Shotgun very expensive, but this is a one and only set of "FIVE". They will fetch a very high price at an auction. Probably double of what each of our homes cost.
Just read the Brochure with the speck for each one. These took several YEARS to complete.

I received a high end custom german 28ga O/U shotgun as part of a family tradition in my wifes family. They call it the son-in-law gun. The only stipulation was that I had to take it out that weekend they gave it to me on a pheasant hunt. They thought it was a pretty good joke since they were all packing 12ga semi autos, but man I dusted more than my fair share of birds with it that day. I hit a full speed quail that even the guide looked over like ****.

I look forward to passing it on to my oldest daughters future husband.

Here is the shotgun and my lousy bird dog lol
IMG_4524.JPG

Last edited:
The sad thing is those guns will more than likely never be shot....spend their time in a gun cabinet and only taken out to be shown off and wiped off....
I see lots of best guns run hard, when I started out I thought nobody handles these things without white gloves then I met the guys that buy them, they shoot a lot of birds.

I'd pass. The manufacturer doesn't even know they are supposed to be marked in gauges not bores. What a hack 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah... "That" is the reason I wouldn't buy them 🤣
I've got some 36ga guns I'll sell ya high end Italian makersssometimes like to label em just for you

Years ago, there was a local gent here that probably would have at least bid on that set if not bought it. He did have a H&H .22LR side-by-side built. If I remember correctly, the smooth bore side had a gold dragonfly inlay and the rifled side had a gold bumblebee. One of a kind.

I received a high end custom german 28ga O/U shotgun as part of a family tradition in my wifes family. They call it the son-in-law gun. The only stipulation was that I had to take it out that weekend they gave it to me on a pheasant hunt. They thought it was a pretty good joke since they were all packing 12ga semi autos, but man I dusted more than my fair share of birds with it that day. I hit a full speed quail that even the guide looked over like ****.

I look forward to passing it on to my oldest daughters future husband.

Here is the shotgun and my lousy bird dog lol
View attachment 454633
Beautiful!

The guns nice too.