NP-R1 reticle thoughts

jlvandersnick

I see a lot of used Nightforce scopes with the NP-R1 reticle for sale. I do know the reticle has been discontinued by nightforce. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the reticle is not very popular.

It was very popular in its day. That is why you see so many used ones for sale. The new reticles have numerical markings at various MOA hashmarks. Also the NP-R1 had 2 MOA hashes for windage and the newer ones have 1 MOA for windage. The reticles have just evolved and gotten more feature rich over time.

I have the NP-R1 reticle in my NF NXS 5.5-22. I love this reticle! Very easy to use, & I don't understand why NF discontinued it!!!!! I'll be looking for a used NXS with this reticle in the future! Idaho-5R

If I remember correctly, I read in Nightforce's literature, the MOAR replaces the NP=R1, They even said the NP-R1 was their "most popular reticle"! Seems to me they could have kept the NP-R1, & replaced another, less popular one! Just my own opinion!
Idaho-5R

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.