NP-2DD NF reticle .......ATTN: NIGHTFORCE OWNERS

YOTES2CALL

Looking at getting a new NF 3.5-15x56 with the NP-2DD reticle.

Using it for day/night hunting coyotes. Big Game too.

Anyone here use this and what are your opinions on it.

Thanks for the newbie...

Don't have one yet but will soon own an 8-32 w/the 2DD. It is 8 MOA difference between the top dot and the bottom dot. The bottom dot is also smaller. I think it will make a lethal reticle on a varmint gun.

I have a NP2DD. It is a decent reticle but I have since aquired athe new NP1 and prefer it to the DD. I prefer the NP1 enough I am going to have my DD switched. The major factor for me is spotting the shots for fellow long range shooters and being able to make quick and accurate corrections for a follow up shot. I do not use any kind of hold over method. Admttedly the sight window in the DD is less cluttered so that nay be an advantage to you.

lonewolf...

I am thinking of putting on Kenton Industries Drop compensating custom knobs for my load and using them to dial in range....

Gonna use this mostly for coyotes. So most shots are unknown ranges, compared to shooting shil. or BR, that I will use Leica rangefinder, dial in and shoot.

Thought this ret. would be less busy at night also, am I correct ?

Used to have 2 scopes with the NP-2DD NF reticles but found it too busy and not as easy to work with as the R2 or R1.
If you rely soley on the knobs for elivation adjustments than the 2DD might work for you but I like to use the R1 and R2 for rangeing as well as quick holdovers.
Remember that for night hunting the scope is calibrated to 15X and will not range the same @ lower powers.

Sorry YOTES2CALL had my reticles mixed up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Had the NP-1RRs.For me the ½ mill reticles(MLR and MP-8) are working out best but then I dont like messing with the knobs after its zeroed and dont shoot much in low light.
Looks like the NP-2DD aught to work great for someone dialing the knobs with the power down for low light shooting!

Hey Yotes,
I use it for deer hunting and A LOT of target shooting. PM sent
My only advice is to consider whether you like to hold over or dial in your dope. If you like holding off, their are definitely better reticles, such as the new R1.

Cool, as far as dialing in... look at

www.kentonindustries.com

thinking of having Mark build a couple of these to my loads for 2 different rifles.

I know where to hold up to 400 confidently with my 200 yard zero... Just thought this would be the "cats meow" out past that....

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.