not much of a story

Ridge Runner

hunting the same area as years past which has offered shots from 450-750+ yards on whitetails, but they're not co-operatingthe farthest buck I have saw was 390 yards, this was the 15th legal buck that I have seen, and this was my second look at him, not huge but a good representation of a mature buck for this area.
the buck fell to my 7mm AM at 307 yards, the 160 accubond literaly knocked him off his feet. no elevation or windage clicks, just "put the X on him and shoot" its almost cheating!!!!!
DS08002.jpg

RR

Roy, its a rem 700 LH, it began life as a BDL 300 RUM
why the 160 accubonds
they shoot very well
they are well....cheap
and with my ability limited to 900 yards they are all the bullet I need at this time.

I've taken deer with them to 822 yards and have no complaints, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
RR

Roy, its a rem 700 LH, it began life as a BDL 300 RUM
why the 160 accubonds
they shoot very well
they are well....cheap
and with my ability limited to 900 yards they are all the bullet I need at this time.

I've taken deer with them to 822 yards and have no complaints, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
RR

Thanks for the response. I agree with you 100%

My 270 AM started life as a 1950s vintage Rem 721 in '06. It was my father's rifle and I shot my first WT PA buck w/it in 1959.

If I could get 160 class bullets for it I'd be a happy man. It shots 140NABs, 150 BTs and WC 169s exceptionally well. But stick with 140 NABs for terminal performance but they start droping off fairly rapidly beyond 900 but still have 1K FPE @ 1K yds which is my self imposed limit. Great for deer at any range but marginal for elk at 1K, for my liking.

no elevation or windage clicks, just "put the X on him and shoot" its almost cheating!!!!!

RR
Almost but not quite.;) You and that 7mm AM have sure been giving the deer fits. It's kinda like a video game. You just point, click and bang/flop, time to drag another deer out. Congratulations on another good looking buck.

The 7 AM does make things easy, that's for sure.

Today was opening day in Maryland, but I didn't bother to take the 7AM because the ranges wouldn't be over 500 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.