Nosler M48

41Magnum

I just purchased a Nosler M48 pistol and I'm looking for recommendations on a good scope mount and where I can pick one up.
Thanks in advance.

Keith

Talley makes good products.
I need to confirm but the pic rail for a short action Nosler 48 should work .
The Independence is a Nosler model 48 action.

I run a leupold and leupold back country rings

Attachments

• IMG_9338.jpeg
    IMG_9338.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
I run a leupold and leupold back country rings
I have one of those on the way Sir. I already have the Leupold rings on hand. It's in 6.5 Creedmoor, I was looking for one in either 7-08 or a 308, but we'll see how this one does. I have around 100 or so rounds of Norma ammo so I have some good brass and plenty of bullets on hand as well, Nosler, Barnes, Hornady, Controlled Chaos, 100 to 140 gr. as well as several powders that a Creedmoor is fond of. I once had a rifle in the Creedmoor. Sold it a couple of year's ago. Got to get a brake ordered for it as well.

Last edited:
I have Leupold Bases on both of mine.
My first choice in an M48 was a 308 Win, Second Place went to the 7-08. Like you I ended up with a 6.5CM. I am guessing that 90% of the M48 Production Runs are 6 and 6.5CM's.
My second M48 is in 22 Nosler. Again I would have preferred it being chambered in 223. However that is not an option in the .224 bore size. I am totally happy with the 22 Nosler's performance. It would have been much more economical in 223 which I already had dies, and brass for. Enjoy your M48. I am sure it will be a tack driver. I am running 120 Sierra and Hornady's in mine.

Bob R

Mine is a 308🤪 running 130 ttsx at 2980
I have a 308 in a T/C Encore and it likes the Barnes bullets too! Match Grade Machine 15" with their Sixer brake. With Barnes factory 130 gr. TTSX ammo I'm averaging around 2880-2900 and 1" groups at 100 yds, the 150 gr version shoots a tad tighter.
E6437A5D-2B20-45C1-8659-7E086E4559BC.jpeg

I have one of those on the way Sir. I already have the Leupold and rings on hand. It's in 6.5 Creedmoor, I was looking for one in either 7-08 or a 308, but we'll see how this one does. I have around 100 or so rounds of Norma ammo so I have some good brass and plenty of bullets on hand as well, Nosler, Barnes, Hornady, Controlled Chaos, 100 to 140 gr. as well as several powders that a Creedmoor is fond of. I once had a rifle in the Creedmoor. Sold it a couple of year's ago. Got to get a brake ordered for it as well.
In my 15" 6.5 Creedmoor handgun I found 140s gave the best balance between BC and velocity. Lighter bullets started out quite a bit faster, but lost steam pretty quickly. The higher BC of heavy for caliber bullets wasn't enough to overcome the velocity hit. A light copper mono like a 120 Laser could be a good pick too, but I'm happy with the performance I get with lead core so I never spent the money to find out.

I'm in the mid 2500s with 140s over a moderate charge of Staball 6.5.

I have one of those on the way Sir. I already have the Leupold rings on hand. It's in 6.5 Creedmoor, I was looking for one in either 7-08 or a 308, but we'll see how this one does. I have around 100 or so rounds of Norma ammo so I have some good brass and plenty of bullets on hand as well, Nosler, Barnes, Hornady, Controlled Chaos, 100 to 140 gr. as well as several powders that a Creedmoor is fond of. I once had a rifle in the Creedmoor. Sold it a couple of year's ago. Got to get a brake ordered for it as well.
I have one in 6.5 creedmoor and it shoots lights out!!!!

I have 3 Nosler pistols and they all shoot so much better than I can hold. The 6.5 CM has taken a lot of game and has performed well in the field for dall sheep, antelope, mule deer, whitetail, alligator, and more. They are accurate pistols for sure.

I have 3 Nosler pistols and they all shoot so much better than I can hold. The 6.5 CM has taken a lot of game and has performed well in the field for dall sheep, antelope, mule deer, whitetail, alligator, and more. They are accurate pistols for sure.
Can I ask what bullets were you using for the big game critters?